If you are a new patient and have an immediate dental concern such as a broken or missing filling, pain, or discomfort, Dr. Molina will be happy to devote the first visit to taking care of what is bothering you.
For many patients, especially those who have been without regular dental care, a symptom can be the tip of the iceberg. Once your immediate concern is alleviated, Dr. Molina will schedule a new patient examination.
At this appointment Dr. Molina will ask you medical questions which may impact your dental health and treatment. Then he will ask you about your dental history and make notes about what your concerns and goals are.
In the examination, the doctor will do:
- an oral cancer screening exam
- an evaluation of your temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and any clenching, grinding, or wear issues
- a complete periodontal probing and gum evaluation to determine gum health
- an evaluation of your bite and any orthodontic crowding or spacing issues
- an evaluation of any esthetic concerns you may have such as tooth color, position, old restorations, etc.
- an exam of all teeth and dental work for caries (tooth decay) and other problems
With the aid of digital x rays and an intraoral camera which takes photographs of your teeth Dr. Molina will let you know how you are doing. Then he will sit with you and develop a plan to help you achieve your dental goals.
Often there are several options. Dr. Molina will carefully explain what your options are and help you choose what is best for you as an individual. Advantages, disadvantages benefits, and costs are fully discussed. If you have dental insurance and would like an estimate of your insurance coverage our office will provide it.